Monday, October 8, 2012

intuition or experience

in·tu·i·tion
[in-too-ish-uhn, -tyoo-] 
noun
1. direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.
2. a fact, truth, etc., perceived in this way.
3. a keen and quick insight.
4. the quality or ability of having such direct perception or quick insight.
5. Philosophy .
a. an immediate cognition of an object not inferred or determined by a previous cognition of the same object.
b. any object or truth so discerned.
c. pure, untaught, noninferential knowledge

.....................................................................................................................................................

ex·pe·ri·ence

[ik-speer-ee-uhns] , verb, ex·pe·ri·enced, ex·pe·ri·enc·ing.
noun
1. a particular instance of personally encountering or undergoing something: My encounter with the bear in the woods was a frightening experience.
2. the process or fact of personally observing, encountering, or undergoing something: business experience.
3. the observing, encountering, or undergoing of things generally as they occur in the course of time: to learn from experience; the range of human experience.
4. knowledge or practical wisdom gained from what one has observed, encountered, or undergone: a man of experience.
5. Philosophy . the totality of the cognitions given by perception; all that is perceived, understood, and remembered
 
 
I often times find myself in a situation where I find myself believing something is true. I begin to mentally prepare myself for battle. I create a game plan of how I will take care of this situation, how I will go about it and ultimately what the outcome will be. I use to think that if something walks like a duck and quacks like a duck its probably a duck. I have realized that the situation may be different than perceived. If I don't hastily jump to conclusions I may find that the quacking waddling thing I see in the distance, may be a swan in closer reality. You see I have had events in my life that have made me tense in situations. These things have created me to constantly have my eyes and ears open. My mind always is looking for those missing dots. Because surely if there is something missing, if  something does not line up just the way I believe it ought to....then surly something has gone awry, I must be missing something... and that missing something, must be something horribly wrong.
 
Several times in recent situations Ive had to sit myself back and look into the entirety of a situation,  Had to have it out with myself as to whether or not the situation at hand was catching me the way it was due to intuition or because I have at one time experienced this once....or twice before. Ive had to ask myself why I still care, Why I have created such a wall of protection around myself.. that even those closest to me haven't fully found their way in. As if keeping every solitary soul at somewhat of a distance I will be able to control the amount of hurt that's able to be brought on. But truthfully its like this... if you don't tell someone the truth of how you feel, does it then mean that you can control how much it hurts... if at all one day it does... does the truth make you more vulnerable as opposed to not admitting the truth. ITS GONNA HURT EITHER WAY.... right? So why do I do it to myself?
 
" We as woman constantly push through our intuition as if it doesn't really exist" -my best friend.
its true....in the beginning. We see one thing and want to see another. We allow it to continue without confronting it because we have belief that whatever the case Good always wins over?
But good doesn't always win does it. and our beliefs that it will have only sat us up for a miserable failure. Intuition is a gift. Its the ability to sense and know something is not as it seems. But when we don't practice this and put it to use do we then lose it? Does it then become inoperable for us?

Experience comes from life, from mistakes, from chances, from failures, and from happenstance. When you have failed to use your intuition correctly than you are a faced with a situation that sometimes can put your face in the muck. Once you've felt your face down in the lowest that you can be, you don't want to there again.

Which is all the wonder as to why we sometimes cross intuition with experience. How do we differentiate it, and how do we correct it. How about we take the first step by faith. by allowing yourself to once again wholeheartedly live. To live with out expectations and to Love with out condition. because how can we ever have a chance to fully experience the gift of life if we do not allow ourselves to have that opportunity. We must leave our past but take our lessons, leave our fear and step in faith.
 
  
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment